Care North East started as a small association of local care home providers in the early 90’s and principally in the Newcastle and Gateshead area. Lead by Chairman Simon Beckett, Associations were subsequently formed in other areas in the North East and membership continued to grow. Our current Chairman, Keith Gray, joined the board in 2004 and took over position as Chairman in 2013.
Currently, every member of Care North East is a care home provider. Our members have nearly 250 care homes across the North East nearing 10,000 beds.
Each local association, such as Newcastle or North Tyneside, has its own Chairman and lead members who are all care home providers from that area. We feel it is important that local providers lead local associations as nobody has more experience then those actually caring for residents. Members of each local association can be found below.
Feel free to use our enquiry form
if you wish to be put in touch with one of our local association chairman.
What we do
On behalf of our members, we undertake some of the following duties:
- Attend contract discussion meetings with Council/CCGs
- Attend fee discussion meetings with Council/CCGs
- Review contracts on behalf of our members
- Provide cost of care reports
- Prepare market analysis reports
- Liaise with legal advisors on contractual issues
- Arrange association meetings to discuss working practices
We try and help provide our members with the necessary information to make the right decision for their residents.